The primary purpose of the Wood Badge experience is to strengthen Scouting in our units, districts, and local councils. The Wood Badge Ticket represents the participant's commitment to complete a set of personal goals relating to that individuals Scouting position.
Upon completion of the Wood Badge Ticket as certified by a ticket counselor and the Scout Executive, the participant will be presented with the Wood Badge certificate, neckerchief, woggle, and beads at an appropriate public ceremony.
What is Wood Badge?
Wood Badge is the advanced training program for all Scouters involved in the BSA programs. Wood Badge consists of two parts. The first part reflects unit meetings, while the second part of the course uses a unit camping activity as its delivery method.
As a result of attending Wood Badge, participants will be able to:
- View Scouting globally, as a family of interrelated, values-based programs that provide age-appropriate activities for youth.
- Recognize the contemporary leadership concepts utilized in corporate America and leading government organizations that are relevant to our values-based movement.
- Revitalize your commitment by sharing in an overall inspirational experience that helps provide Scouting with the leadership it needs to accomplish its mission on an ongoing basis.
- Apply the skills you will learn from your participation as a member of a successful working team.
The themes that will encapsulate the course content are:
- Living the values
- Bringing the Vision to Life
- Models of Success
- Tools of the Trade
- Leading to Make a Difference
Wood Badge Registration & Course Cost
- Come with a desire to learn how to understand your position and serve the youth in your area.
- It is important that you completely attend each day of the course. Weekend courses may require at least one brief midweek meeting.
- Course costs $190.00. This includes meals, training and program materials. A $50.00 deposit holds your reservation. The full amount to be paid 15 days before the course begins. No deposit refunds after course starts.
"Now, even more than in those days, is such training needed if we, as a nation, are to keep pace with the development of the age and hold our own, in giving a moral lead to others. The character of a nation depends on the individual character of its members."
- Sir Robert Baden Powell