Council Wide Service Project and Community Clean-Up
The Great Salt Lake Council is launching a major initiative to rid our community and neighborhoods of old, abandoned, and junk cars.
Many old cars are dripping dangerous fluids into our environment. Their owners would like them removed but don�t know how to go about it. Scouting Units are encouraged to search their neighborhoods for old cars (running or not) which need removal. The Council has partnered with a local processing company that will provide free towing of the cars. The emphasis is old and junk cars, but newer cars are always welcome. The vehicle donor will receive written acknowledgment of the donation and a receipt for a possible tax deduction.
To participate, units should:
1. Contact homes in your neighborhood to locate cars. This can be done in connection to the current West Nile Virus Service Project.
2. Have the owner of the vehicle fill out the vehicle donor form.
3. Bring or mail the form (and the signed title) to the Scout Office.
4. Be sure to include your unit # on the form in order to receive proper credit.
* Each Scout will receive service hours credit toward rank advancements. *
Each unit is also encouraged to report their service hours to the Council
as we work toward our goal of providing 1,000,000 hours of service
in celebration of 100 years of Scouting in the United States.
To Receive More Information and Vehicle Donor Forms, Please reply to Mary Jo at email@example.com.
525 Foothill Blvd
Salt Lake City, UT 84113-1199