Welcome to the Oquirrh Mountain District (D6)
(In the shadows of the Oquirrh Mountains and covering the
West Valley City & Magna region)
Volunteer-Driven, Professionally Guided
Meet Our District Leadership "Key 3"
Upcoming District Events & Activities
- D6 Fall Merit Badge Fair, Oct. 25, 2014, Jordan North Stake Ctr. (3900 W. 4000 S.), cost is $5 per scout before 10/19, and $8 thereafter. Register your Scout(s) online here. For leaders or parents, please download the event flyer to share with your scouts, and check out the prerequisites so your scouts can get the most out of their time at the merit badge fair. For questions, please contact the event chairman, Mark Bates, 801-450-9991, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- D6 Winter 2015 Klondike Derby, Jan. 30-31, 2015, Heber Valley Camp. Annual sled race and winter skills games. Register EARLY, we only have room at the camp for the first 540 people. The cost is $12 before 01/15, and $15 thereafter. (Online registration coming soon!)
- Youth Protection Training now offered in Spanish & English, every leader and volunteer is required to go through Youth Protection Training every 2 years, we will begin offering this training in conjunction with monthly District Roundtable meetingsPlease note that monthly Roundtable meetings will be held at the LDS Chapel on Pavant Avenue in West Valley City, 5000 W. Pavant Ave. (3725 S.)
Let's Get Social ...
- NEW LOCATION FOR Roundtable meeting for all families of Scouting, Second Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM at the LDS Church at 5000 West Pavant Ave. (3725 S.)
- YOUTH PROTECTION training, please make sure all leaders and volunteers serving in your unit(s) are up-to-date with their Youth Protection training online and the completion certificate is on file with the district and council. Visit the MyScouting link, log in and check the status (this is also where you can print off the certificate of completion).
- Merit Badge Counselor training, COR Training & Youth Protection training, before Roundtable meetings, the training starts at 6:30 PM. (Offered in both English & Spanish.)
- Read the latest Rountable Recap for the Scouts (click here)
- We are always looking for Scout uniforms to outfit a troop in the District, if you have resources or can help out, please contact Jeff Knowlden, 801-891-2466
IMPORTANT: Youth Protection Training
MORE INFO COMING SOON