This patch allows Cub Scouts to learn more about the neighborhoods in which they live. Boys may earn this patch with their den, pack, or family by fulfilling six of the following eight requirements:
1. List some of the businesses in your community and tell what kind of work or service they do.
2. Learn about a local celebration or community event and attend one.
3. Visit a library or bookmobile in your community and check out a book that interests you.
4. Talk to someone about the history of your community or about an important local tradition.
5. With your den, pack or family plan and implement a service project to make your community a safer or cleaner place.
6. Learn the name and position of a government leader in your community.
7. Identify a 'safe house' in your community. This could be a McGruff House or a home chosen by your family as a 'safe house' where you could go if you were in need of a safe place.
8. Locate official emergency services in your community. Learn how you can contact them.
This patch may be purchased at a local Scout Shop.