With your den, pack, or family take a tour of the Benson Gristmill and answer the following questions to earn this patch:
1. What is grist?
2. What is a gristmill?
3. What does the word restoration mean and why is it important?
4. When was the Benson Gristmill built?
5. Who did Brigham Young ask to supervise the building of the mill?
6. Who were the builders of the mill?
7. What is an overshot water wheel?
8. What country did the millstones usually come from?
9. What is the person called who operated the mill?
10. What was used to hold the large beams together in the mill?
11. What were the first elevator belts made out of?
12. Who was the last owner of the mill?
Open May 1 - Oct 31
Hours: Monday thru Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For groups larger than fifteen, please call ahead: 1-435-882-7678
Web site: www.bensonmill.org
Admission is free. Donations gladly accepted.
Drive I-80 West to 2100 South to exit 99 or Tooele, and then drive 3 miles on Highway 26 to Highway 138. The Mill is adjacent to Stansbury Park.
This patch may be purchased at a local Scout Shop.