In order to encourage citizenship, the Great Salt Lake Council offers this patch for Cub Scouts. Boys may earn this patch with their den, pack, or family by fulfilling six of the following eight requirements:
1. Do the following:
a. Find out when the Constitution was signed.
b. Find out when Utah became a state.
2. Do a neighborhood or community service project.
3. Write a short story or poem on one of these topics:
· “If I were the President…”
· “What America means to me.”
· “What it means to be free.”
4. Draw a picture of a famous person in American history and tell what he/she did.
5. Make a list of all 50 states in the U.S.A.
6. Visit one of the following places:
· Your own town’s City Hall
· A city council or town meeting
7. Go on an outing to a park or in the canyons to appreciate your state’s beauty.
8. Learn the first verse to “The Star Spangled Banner.”
This patch may be purchased at a local Scout Shop.