Please note the internet advancement system is not compatible with Mac computers.
Please be aware or notify your unit advancement chairperson that anyone picking up boys' awards from the Scout Shops will be required to turn in their unit advancement report printed from the Interent Advancement program. The link is down below.
If the person assigned to record the boys' advancement need assistance or instructions on how to set-up an Internet Advancement account, please have them call the council office or our satellite offices in Sandy or Centerville.
Great Salt Lake Council - 801-582-3663
South Valley Camp & Events - 801-571-6015
North Valley Camp & Events - 801-951-0687
We appreciate your assistance with this matter, it is important that the Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts and Venturers receive their recognition and have it recorded on their Scouting record.
The Boy Scouts of America has introduced a new service to councils that enables units to expedite the paperwork portion of the advancement tracking process over the Internet. As the Internet Advancement moves forward into more Councils, the National Offices will be looking into more compatible programs. (Mac compatibility)
This program is now mandatory for submitting advancement reports!
This advancement service will enable units to process ranks and awards for youth members in packs, troops, teams, crews, ships and posts. Please be aware that the National Council conducts maintenance on the computer systems every Saturday from 9:00pm until Sunday at 6:00am and the advancement system may not be available at those times.
Council Training for Internet Advancement
Frequently Asked Questions
Helping Units to Be Successful pdf 47kb
This is a 3-page document on helping units be successful to developing a plan for supporting your units in using Internet Advancement, briefing volunteers how the system works, and staffing information.
Instructor Guide for Unit Orientation pdf 47kb
This is a 3 page document on Instructor Guide for Unit Orientation in assisting to explain the benefits of using the new Internet Advancement System, a insight on how to access the site, log on and how to receive the unit ID, explanation on how to use the help and FAQs, explain the new outline advancement entry process and explain the paperwork process and available reports.
USE INTERNET ADVANCMENT FOR THE FOLLOWING:
2. The Chartered Organization Representative must obtain a unit ID CODE from the Council Office (Advancement Department)
3. Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and advancement records with dates.
4. Click INTERNET ADVANCEMENT below. Follow the online instructions to process Advancements and print an Advancement Report.
5. Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and submit it to the Council. Save a copy for your files.
6. Units should submit advancements before the end of each month, or more often if needed. In December, submit a report before the end of the month to update your unit and Council statistics.