2012 Powderhorn Leadership Training - (Youth & Adults)
Powder Horn - VLSC
When: August 7 - 11, 2012
Cost: $195.00 per participant
(Youth participant must be age 14 by August 2012.
Last day to online register is August 3, 2012
Complete the following on-line training:
Youth Protection-Venturing Version
Safe Swim Defense
Panning and preparing for Hazardous Weather
Official BSA physical required.
Must be registered with the BSA.
Powder Horn is designed to help units safely conduct outdoor activities of a fun and challenging nature. It provides an introduction to the resources needed to successfully incorporate a program of outdoor adventure. This course is based upon the Ranger requirements giving participants an exposure to some outdoor/high adventure activities and not a certification event. Even though the course is based upon the Ranger program, it is still useful for anyone involved in delivering a unit-level high adventure program.
After completing the Powder Horn course, you can expect the following outcomes:
· Introduction to the skills necessary to operate their outdoor program and the various certifications necessary and how to obtain those certifications
· Knowledge of how to identify local resources and consultants for high adventure activities
· Detailed knowledge of the Ranger Award and associated Silver Award requirements.
· Knowledge of the health and safety requirements of the Boy Scouts of America as they apply to outdoor programs.
· Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Boy Scouts of America as they apply to outdoor programs
Though this program is centered on the Venture Scout Ranger Award, the course will provide all Scout Leaders with a better knowledge of conducting high adventure activities with your Scouts, and will provide contacts and resources that will benefit and support your local programs.
Click here -----> Registration Form & Flyer (pdf format)
Click Here ----> Health and Medical Form Required (pdf format)
Click Here ----> P.A.D.I Medical Statement-Aquatic Information (pdf format)
Click Here ----> Swim Classification Sheet - Swimmer or Non-Swimmer (pdf format)
Click Here ----> Equipment List - List of Items you need to bring (pdf format)